Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Nanowrimo Day 2+3

So, when I last posted I was feeling rather down. Writing was not going smoothly, and I was struggling. That's not how it's supposed to be in Week One. Week one is supposed to be easy, and then Week Two gets tougher. Thankfully, I have found my feet (though I'm not sure how this expression translates into writing terms. I'm not typing with my toes).

Day Two, and especially Day Three, have gone much more smoothly. Why, you ask? This is the very question I have been asking myself. This is the conclusion I have come up with.

To make a long story short, my main character is the problem. I started with his storyline, and really struggled with it. Now I have switched to two other storylines, and the story is progressing along nicely. One solutions I've considered? I may have to kill him. No hasty decisions yet, but I'm seriously considering it.

Worst Sentences: The room she entered was the most beautiful she had ever seen. Directly in front of her there was a set of stained glass windows framed by the most gorgeous velvet curtains she had ever seen. (Ok, we get it. It's all very pretty. Unfortunately, it goes on.)

Best Sentences: We'll, he guessed where he was, but thinking about it made his head ache. His whole existence ache, acutally, since he wasn't sure he actually had a body anymore. If he did, he had not control over it. He felt like a thought. It had taken him several months of awareness to come up with that idea, but he was proud of it. He had never known what a thought felt likebut now, he imagined, he did. (I like these because they make hardly any sense. Yay, for blundering through an explanation you're making up as you go along!)

Now back to writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment