Thursday, November 11, 2010

Nanowrimo: The week of Despair!

So, I've given up on keeping track of the days. Since I haven't given an actual word count since day one, I'll have you know that I'm at 18,496 words, which is pretty good considering I didn't write anything on Saturday or Sunday, and hardly anything on Monday. Real life has been mean to my writing time, but I am getting close to caught up, if I'm not already. The bad news is, if I don't want to owe my sister a 30 minute favor, I have to get to 35,000 by Monday. Bad news.

The story itself is going pretty well, for week two. Ember, one of my main characters, has remained kidnapped by a nameless Asian ninja woman, and I'll probably give him another chance soon. A week and a half break should be long enough, don't you think?

Anyway, I need to sleep so I can run in the morning. :P

Worst Sentences: She laughed, a sound like water leaping over rocks in a cool forest.

Best Sentences: He remembered, as vividly as if it happened yesterday, how she had looked at him through the bars. As if nothing had happened. As if she had not betrayed all of their months of planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment